Below is the knowledge
required for testing for a 2nd Geup Red Belt:
The pattern history, pattern diagram, and number of movements for the pattern Toe-Gye
The meaning of the color of Red Belt
The nine (9) points to be observed while performing patterns;
1. Accuracy; a pattern should begin and end on the same spot.
2. Correct posture and facing should be maintained
at all times.
3. The muscles of the body should be tensed and relaxed at the proper moments.
A pattern should be performed in rhythmic movements with an absence of stiffness.
5. Moves should be accelerated or decelerated according to the instructions in the encyclopedia.
6. Each pattern should be perfected before going on to the next.
Students should know the purpose of each movement.
Students should perform each move with realism.
9. Attack and defense techniques should be practiced
equally with both right and left hands and feet.
Back to Nomenclature Requirements
Go to 2nd Geup Breaking
to 2nd Geup Testing