According to the Guidelines listed in General Choi Hong Hi's Encyclopedia
of Taekwon-Do, the following points should be considered essential to the student being able to correctly perform patterns:
1. Each pattern should begin and end
at exactly the same spot.
This will indicate
the performer's accuracy.
2. Correct posture and facing must be maintained at all times.
Muscles of the body should be either tensed or relaxed at the proper
critical moments in the exercise.
4. The exercise should be performed
in a rhythmic movement with an
absence of stiffness.
5. Each movement should be accelerated
or decelerated according
to the instructions in the Encyclopedia of Taekwon-Do
by General Choi Hong-Hi.
6. Each pattern should be perfected before moving on to the next.
The student should know the purpose of each movement.
The student should perform each movement with realism.
and defense techniques should be practiced equally
with both right and left hands and feet.
Back to The Chang Hon Pattern System